Saturday 25 September 2010

ombré hair (trend)

One of my current favorite hair trends has to be the 'ombré' hair, yet I realise this might be a little controvesial, as I've noticed that it's rather quite like marmite, as either people love it or hate it...

Ombré  is a french word, and literally means gradation, which refers to the dark-to-light fade of color that is used in the technique. Instead of color that starts at the root, darker roots blend into a lightened mid-shaft and end. The overall effect is quite a relaxed, casual and beach look, although it's a look that not for everyone

There are several different variations of the ombré hair trend, from the rather 'out-there' radical contrast between the two shades, illustrated below by Drew Barrymore, Lady Gaga and stylist Stylist Katie Shillingford...



 to the slightly calmer and more subtle contrast supported again by Drew Barrymore, Shenae Grimes and Alexa Chung...




to the extremely subtle, barely-there look worn by Julia Roberts, Lily Aldrington, Jessica Biel and Sarah Jessica Parker...




I myself have felt like making a drastic change to my hair, maybe this will be my new look?

What do you think??

X

No comments:

Post a Comment